Most nonprofit leaders recognize that it’s hard to accomplish mission without a good plan. In today’s environment, planning is critical when resources are tight and need is great. However, traditional strategic plans often fail and are never executed. Why? It’s hard to plan when the future is often uncertain and changing rapidly.
One solution to planning and executing more effectively is to use scenario planning. Scenario planning works alongside other strategic planning techniques to ensure that strategy takes into account the environment in which organizations operate. Scenario planning is a powerful process which can help nonprofit leaders:
· Align strategic planning activities across the organization
· Foster useful strategic conversations among key executives and managers
· Enhance responsive to emerging challenges and opportunities
· Generate and assess innovative strategies
· Build deep understanding of business environment drivers
In attending this session and learning about the art of scenario planning, your organization will be able to more realistically plan for your organization and be better prepared for the future.
Trainer: John Brothers, Quidoo Consulting